Welcome to the Children's Page!
For more information on the following programs and events please open the calendar at right or click on the heading for the program you're interested in. You may also contact the Library at 508.946.2470 and ask for the Children's Room.
*Click on the desired Program Title below for more information and to see specific calendar dates.
Reading with Miss Marilyn's Spaniels
Thursdays, 4pm - 6pm
Ms. Marilyn Thayer and her credentialed family therapy pets, Tivy, Vi and Brazen invite children to practice and improve their reading skills. Ms. Marilyn's dogs love having children read to them and are very loving and accepting of all individuals. Children will be able to read in a relaxed and non-judgmental atmosphere. Each 20-minute session will include a meet and greet and then reading time. Please feel free to bring your favorite books to read or to borrow some from the library.
Registration is required for this free program. Call or come into the library to sign up for one or more sessions. You can sign up for multiple sessions, but please do so for only 2 or 3 weeks at a time so we can accommodate as many participants as possible.
Tuesdays, 4pm - 5pm
Come build with legos and duplos supplied by the Library. Drop-ins welcome.
No Registration required for this free program.
Tuesday Evenings, 6:30pm - 7:30pm
Fun for the whole family. Check the detailed schedule for the evening's events. Each week will bring a new adventure.
Wednesdays @ 10:30am - 11:30am
Join us for a preschool story lab best for 3-6 year olds. Older and younger siblings are welcome. Explore a different theme each week and after the 30 minute formal program remain to socialize and share a snack.
Mother Goose on the Loose
Thursdays, 10:15am - 11:15am
Birth - 18 months
Stories, songs, and rhymes for our youngest friends includes 20 minutes of formal program followed by time to play and socialize together. Mother Goose on the Loose is a lapsit program for birth to 18 months-old and their caregivers while Wiggles & Giggles caters to more mobile 18 months to 3 year-olds.
This program is free with no advance sign-up required. Program begins promptly at 10:15 am and concludes in 20 minutes. After that families stay in the room to talk and play until 11:15am!
Wiggles and Giggles
Thursdays, 11:15am - 12:00pm
18 months - 3 years
Wiggles and Giggles is a new program at the library for children 18 months - 3 years. Younger siblings are welcome. Best for wiggly bodies- we will sing, dance, play instruments, and use the parachute. The program is followed by playtime allowing children and adults to interact with each other and the toys provided by the library.
This program is free with no advance sign-up required. Program begins promptly at 11:15am and concludes in 20 minutes. After that families stay in the room to talk and play until 12pm.
- Middleborough Public Library invites you to join us and read
1,000 Books Before Kindergarten
- The transition to our new 1000 Books database is complete. Please take a moment to log in to the New 1000 Books Log and give it a try.
- Not signed up yet?
- Click "Join Here" and fill out the information for your child.
- Then you can start reading and add your books to the log.
- Did you sign up in the old database?
- Just enter your username and password - these should be the same as the old site.
- Now click on the icon in the upper right to edit your child's profile and double check the information that was entered.
- And then you can add books! Simply type in a title or just write "books" and click the submit button. Your books will appear on the right.
- Unfortunately books have to be entered one at a time. You can use the "read again" feature to add more quickly.
- Please contact Children's Librarian Amanda Meyer at 508-946-2470 or email@example.com.
- Thank you for your patience while we made this change.
- Studies have shown that young children who are read-to regularly can read and write their own names and count higher at an earlier age then children who were not. We know that reading is key to brain development, language skills, and building a vocabulary. Join our 1,000 Books Before Kindergarten program and share the joy of reading with your child.
- Who is this program for?
- This is for children from birth to 6 years of age and their caregivers.
- How do I sign up?
- You can sign up at the library or sign up online.
- What do I do?
- Start reading to your child and keep track of the number of books you read. Mark them off on the reading log or enter them online. Have a favorite story? Log and enter every time you read it.
- What else do I need to know?
- Read 250 books and receive a library book bag.
- Reach 500 books and earn your first board book to keep.
- Reach 750 books and earn another book.
- Reach 1,000 books and receive a backpack for Kindergarten.
- ... But! 1,000 books is a lot - how can I read that many?
- 3 books a day for 1 year= 1,095 books
- 1 book a day for 3 years= 1,095
- And Don't Forget to Count the Books Miss Amanda shares at Storytime! They count too!
- This program is brought to you with funds from the Pierce Trustees.
- Logo used with permission from the 1,000 Books Foundation.