What's on the shelf at your Library?
New Books, Movies and more!
The Library Catalog offers a list of all of the new materials that can be found in the Children's Room. Choose what you like and put it on hold; we'll call or send you an email when it's ready.
School Reading Lists
The Reading Lists provided by the Middleborough School District give students suggested summer reading titles - but they are also a good resource when you're not sure what to read next.
From books with lots of pictures to books with lots of words, the Library has books for everyone to read. Here's a list of some of the books you'll find at the Library:
- Books about real things, including; animals, space, cooking, arts & crafts, sports, poetry, history and a whole lot more. Nonfiction can help you find out about almost anything.
- Another kind of nonfiction, but biographies are books about real people.
- Easy Readers
- These are books for people learning to read. They range from books with just a few words to others with simple, easy-to-read chapters.
- Made-up stories about almost anything, including fantasy stories, mysteries, adventure, historical, real life, and more.
- Graphic Novels
- Similar to comic books, these books use pictures and dialogue to tell a story.
- Picturebooks appeal to all age levels, and cover a variety of subjects.
- Books for Toddlers
- These books have few words and big, bright pictures that will appeal to younger children. They include both board books and more traditional bound books.
The Library has a large collection of movies including classic cartoons, popular family TV shows, big blockbusters and more.
The Library has a large and growing collection of musical CDs. The collection also includes audiobooks - cds or tapes that tell a story.
The Library has many titles for children, preschool age and older, on a variety of topics including sports, crafts, history, science, current events and health.
Choose from more than one-hundred puppets to create your own puppet show.