Job Seekers: Information & Tools
Welcome to the Library's Job Seekers' support page. Information of possible interest to job-seekers is provided below. Quick links to some online resources are listed in the menu at left.
Networking Support Group
Providing support to job-seekers, this group meets every Wednesday, from noon to 1:30pm, in the Library's large meeting room. Free, and open to anyone seeking employment resources. Simply walk in; no registration is required.
Facilitated by Judy Bigelow Costa. Snacks provided. For more information contact the library or Judy at Judy.Bigelow@comcast.net.
LinkedIn is a "business-related social networking site" that facilitates professional networking. "When you join, you create a profile that summarizes your professional expertise and accomplishments. You can then form enduring connections by inviting trusted contacts to join LinkedIn and connect to you. Your network consists of your connections, your connectionsí connections, and the people they know, linking you to a vast number of qualified professionals and experts. Through your network you can:
- Manage the information thatís publicly available about you as professional;
- Find and be introduced to potential clients, service providers, and subject experts who come recommended;
- Create and collaborate on projects, gather data, share files and solve problems;
- Be found for business opportunities and find potential partners;
- Gain new insights from discussions with likeminded professionals in private group settings;
- Discover inside connections that can help you land jobs and close deals
- Post and distribute job listings to find the best talent for your company"
The following links are to Youtube videos showing different aspects of the LinkedIn experience.