Nichols Middle School Summer Reading Requirements - 2015
How to Get a Copy
1. Click on the title of the book to see if there is a copy available at the Library.
2. If all copies are checked out, place a hold on the next available copy using your library card number and PIN number (last 4 digits of your phone number).
3. You will be notified when your copy is available for pickup at the Library Main Desk.
Please make sure that the Library has your current phone number and/or email address.
Recommended Titles for Grades 6-8
Stuck on what to read? Follow the links below to find some suggested titles,
or stop by the Library and ask our staff to help you find something just right for you.
- Middleborough Public Library's Recommended Reads for Grades 6-8
- ALSC Quick List 2015 Summer Reading List for Grades 6-8
Grade 6 Required Reading:
You must read 2 books of your choice at your reading level
Grade 6 Assignment
Grade 7 Required Reading:
You must read:
- The Revealers by Doug Wilhelm
- One book of your choice at your reading level
Grade 7 Assignment
Grade 8 Required Reading:
You must read:
- The Other Wes Moore: One Name, Two Fates by Wes Moore
- One science fiction novel from the list below:
Click on the title for availability at the library:
All titles except for V for Vendetta are available on the Library's 6 circulating Nooks.
- Charbonneau, Joelle. The Testing
- Collins, Suzanne. The Hunger Games
- Dashner, James. The Maze Runner
- Farmer, Nancy. The House of the Scorpion
- L'Engle, Madeleine. A Wind in the Door
- Moore, Alan and David Lloyd. V for Vendetta
- O'Brien, Caragh M. Birthmarked
- Westerfeld, Scott. Uglies
Grade 8 Assignments