Genealogy & Local History
Archives & Databases
- The Colonial Connecticut Records, 1636-1776.
- Early records of the Colony of Connecticut in digital format including records of the colonial governing body, the Code of Laws of the Colony, the Charter of Connecticut, Correspondence of the Council of War 1675-1677, a Record of Wills and Inventories, and additional reference material.
- Ellis Island
- Search for ancestors who first came to America at Ellis Island. Free registration provides access to search utility; paid membership in this non-profit organization enables additional features.
Directories & Portals
- Bristol County - Local History Links
- Cyndi's List of Genealogy Sites
- Plymouth County - Local History
- Canadian Conservation Institute
- Caring for Personal Collections
- A list of online resources for preserving collections of books, photographs, postcards, scrapbooks, stamps, audio and video.
- Conservation Online
- Historic Site Preservation
- Northeast Document Conservation Center
- OCLC Preservation Resources
Journals, Mailing Lists & Print Sources
- Eastman's Online Genealogy Newsletter
- Library of Congress Manuscript Collection
- Missing Links: A Weekly Newsletter for Genealogists
- RootsWeb Review: Genealogical Data Cooperative News
- A Geographic Guide to Uncovering Women's History in Archival Collections
- The University of Texas at San Antonio