The Boston Public Library (BPL) provides services to all Massachusetts residents. If you already have a BPL card you may take advantage of any of the resources available through their website. If you don't already have a card, you can register for one online.
You can register for an eCard if you meet any of the following criteria:
- You reside permanently in Massachusetts.
- You are living in-state for most of the year to attend school.
- You commute to a Massachusetts employer on a sustained and regular basis. (Your primary place of work.)
- You own property (real estate) in Massachusetts.
You may NOT register for an eCard if you are 13 or under, (more).
Your BPL eCard provides access to a wide range of services including:
- Hoopla (streaming films and TV).
- Kanopy (films & documentaries).
- RBDigital (audiobooks and magazines)
- Pressreader (Newpapers and magazines from the last 3 months)
- Music, including the Classical Music Library, the Jazz Music Library, the Popular Music Library, the Opera in Video Collection, and Smithsonian Global Sound.